Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Siblings

I'm so glad I am one.

A sibling I mean.  There are only three things I love more than my siblings, those being God, my husband, and my children. They really are great. I have five of them and I enjoy each one of them.

And I count myself beyond blessed that my own kids get to know the joy of being a sibling. Belonging even when it feels like you could never belong anywhere else in the world. Knowing that no matter how badly you mess up or how dorky you act in public, someone is forced to at least tolerate you.

But really.

I am so excited that Amanda is going to come see us soon.  While each of my brothers and sisters are special to me, none in the world can top Amanda. She's my very best friend.
She has been there with me through thick and thin. Since she's been born come to think of it. She's sat through more than her fair share of video games. That is true love. And it might be our ages that make us so close.

And that's why I'm so excited for Ana and Aaron. I hope that they can be buddies the way I was when I grew up. I hope they can always count on each other the way I have always known Amanda was there for me.

Analie is already so good with her tiny new brother. We (you know this means mostly Jeremiah) are trying to teach her to hold and carry Aaron. She isn't so comfortable with it yet, but she's trying. When we take car rides you can sneak a peak in the back and watch her grab his hand and hold it the whole car ride. And we have been known to take some long car rides.

She's so sweet and loves to talk with him and be involved. I totally expected it from her, but it's so heartwarming to see. I knew she would be a good big sister but she always finds new ways to completely blow me away.


Aaron seems to enjoy her too. In the womb Ana was the one who's voice he would kick most for. And he smiles when she comes over to play. But mostly he's a baby. So more to come on his love for Ana in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Love you Karris! So glad you are a momma and that I get to see you raise your babies.

    ReplyDelete