Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Luckily, I'm in Louisiana


Have you had that feelng of "wow I should have known better"? Like the times when you decide it's time to get outside and see if there is anything to do in your new neighborhood on the navy reserve base in New Orleans only you decide that noon is the best time. And you check the weather report and you see that it's supposed to be "hot and sunny" and you think "MAN! I gotta get on this! I wouldn't want it to be chilly and rainy when I finally get my rear in gear" because in washington you know that hot and sunny means 70* with a low chance of overcast. And so you pack up your baby in the stroller and go down your 7000 stairs to get outside. Then you get halfway across the base and you realize that the sweat dripping down your face, back, neck, legs, and arms is NOT because you are really feeling the burn of a good workout, but rather feeling the burn of a HOT BRIGHT LOUISIANA SUMMER DAY and you look at the thermometer and it says 101* and your baby doesn't even want to play at the playground or even walk on the grass. You know that feeling?
I do now. So it's a good thing I live here now. So I can relate and all.





No comments:

Post a Comment